Are You At Risk?
Does your partner….
Push, hit, pinch, shove or otherwise hurt you?
- Want to move too quickly into the relationship?
- Disregard your boundaries?
- Become excessively jealous and accuse you of having affairs?
- Want to know where you are all of the time and frequently call, email and text you throughout the day?
- Criticize you or put you down; most commonly tell you that you are “crazy,” “stupid” and/or “fat,” or that no one would ever want or love you?
- Take no responsibility for their behavior and blame others?
- Have a history of battering?
- Blame the entire failure of previous relationships on their partner; for example, “My ex was a total b***?”
- Have a history of growing up in an abusive or violent home?
- Insist that you stop spending time with your friends or family, or otherwise isolate you?
- Try to control your finances, demand to know how every penny is spent?
- Rage out of control?
These and others are warning signs of domestic violence! Trust your instincts, and call for assistance.