What are the Warning Signs of Domestic Violence?
- Feel afraid of your partner much of the time?
- Avoid certain topics out of fear of angering your partner?
- Feel that you can’t do anything right for your partner?
- Believe that you deserve to be hurt or mistreated?
- Wonder if you’re the one who is crazy?
- Feel emotionally numb or helpless?
Does your partner:
- Humiliate, criticize, or yell at you?
- Treat you so badly that you’re embarrassed for your friends or family to see it?
- Ignore or put down your opinions or accomplishments?
- Have a bad and unpredictable temper?
- Destroy your belongings?
- Act excessively jealous and possessive?
- Constantly check up on you?
- Control where you go or what you do?
- Keep you from seeing your friends or family?
- Limit your access to money, the phone, or the car?
- Blame you for his own abusive behavior?
- See you as property or a sex object, rather than as a person?
- Force you to have sex?
- Hurt you, or threaten to hurt or kill you?
- Threaten to take your children away or harm them?
- Threaten to commit suicide if you leave?